59 Tons in one month, what more can you say Steve Abraham is a legend. After a truly epic October where he rode over 200 miles daily, he now officially holds the longest ratified mileage in a Month record at 7104.5 miles.
Kajsa herself trying for one century a day, joined the YCC “Ton of Tons” club, Steve A of course cruised in and our fifth member now is Steve Gee. Congratulations to all, One Hundred Centuries by the start of Autumn is very impressive.
It looks like a further four riders have targeted becoming a Centurion for the year, it obviously takes some commitment as only fifteen riders have completed more than fifty in 2016. Mike Kelly is one of those and his relentless charge has earned him “The Year” book prize for this month with 11. If you fancy a copy yourself then the next three months are a good chance to start a charge, it has to go to a new rider each month.
Septembers Top 6:
59 Steve Abraham
25 Kajsa Tylén
12 Pete R
12 Richard Karmann
11 Mike Kelly
10 Steve Gee
Overall Top 10 so far:
145 Steve Abraham
111 Jack Peterson
110 Kajsa Tylén
108 Phill Cloke
100 Steve Gee
96 Richard Karmann
91 Ricki Goode
87 Pete R
83 Mike Kelly
76 Mike Lane
Big Rides and events that caught our eye for September include:
- Jasmijn Muller in the National 12 hr TT does 265 miles for 3rd, not to shabby, welcome back after a health scare. Gregg Melia puts out 256 miles at the same event.
- Jas then partnered up with Paul B and Hippy from here to compete in the Revolve 24Hr team race at Brands Hatch circuit where they came 4th and Jas picked up a hatfull of fastest lap prizes.
- A true distance nutter ride though from Jason Miles, 24 Hr solo champ from the same event, 407 miles and an Everest of climbing on a tough circuit. Ride of the month.
- Several riders did the Borders of Belgium 1000km Audax. Rob B, Lindsay C and Dean C.
- A good YCC turnout at the Flatlanders 600 including James W, Jack P, Shaun H, Jignesh S, Mike L and Folly.
- Dave Barter our book prize sponsor rode a challenging new off road challenge, read his report at Torino – Nice rally, great tales as always from Dave.
- The Valleycat event in Wales brought together YCC riders Shell, Rob J, JP and JJ, some challenging riding over road and tough gravel tracks followed by great social evenings, highly recommended adventure. Here’s one of JJ’s rides with some great pictures.
- We also loved Kat Moores pictures of the Bristol girls having fun on the Rapha Womens prestige event out of Londinium.